Thursday 8 November 2012

Espresso "Knock Box" Pallet style

I recently started making a lot of espresso at home.  If you do the same Im sure you know how much of a mess it can make. So, in order to please my fiancée and stop making a mess of our kitchen, I decided to make myself a home made knock box to discard of my used espresso "pucks" in a clean and efficient way like at work! I had some left over wood from some pallet projects I had been doing, so this project was absolutely free!!  

It was super easy to make.  Decide the size you want, it should be big enough to be able to slam your portafilter on the bar without hitting the back side. Measure, cut, glue/nail together. I decided to make the back piece a little taller for aesthetics, it also provides a some splash protection. I wanted it to look distressed, so I hit it with a chain and hammer before putting it together, along with sanding the edges of the wood to rough it up a bit. Put your own personal touch into it. For the bar, I wrapped it with a decent amount of duct tape, then some black electrical tape to make it look good.  Make sure you use a really solid piece of wood for this part, as you will be hitting it pretty hard. Stain it to your liking and you are ready to go!! 


Enjoy your clean countertop! 

Cheers!! :)

12 comments:

  1. I love my clean countertops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea, I make way too much espresso at home and I am forever cleaning up my own mess.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no such thing as too much espresso IMO ;) Glad you like it!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing. All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers. Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions write my college paper to each and every reader through this article. Quality of the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm 9 years late but what are the measurements you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t fail me as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, however I genuinely believed you would dissertation writing uk have something helpful to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy searching for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet assignment writing help I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? There are such a large number of alternatives out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to hear that your store is now expanding to new locations. I have been a patron of Fantastic Eyes because of all the wonderful work that you guys do. I hope that this expansion move of yours will assignment writing help turn out to be successful. I will definitely go and see this new store of yours

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is very unique.vpn suggetions is best option to see blocked sites. i enjoy to read your blog, hope you share your new blog with us very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Post free article and share your thoughts
    Visit: https://guestauthor.co/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.This spacebar clicker test not only helps you to test your clicking speed but also motivates you to use it as a game.To measure your accurate clicking rate.This might be a great help to you.

    ReplyDelete